ALL-INCLUSIVE CYCLING EXPERIENCE:
Package price: 6.000 Euro per rider (excluding only flights).
Pinarello Dogma bicycle (a loan bike for use during the entire trip)
Full service guided daily rides on some of the most beautiful cycling routes in the Veneto area.
8 Night’s accommodation: 5 nights in Bassano del Grappa & 3 nights in Rome.
Gifts and Services included in the package:
- Free use of a Pinarello Dogma for the duration of the trip;
- Full service guided daily rides on some of the most beautiful cycling routes in the Veneto area – see information below;
- 8 nights’ accommodation. 5 nights in Bassano del Grappa & 3 nights in Rome;
- Performance Road Helmet;
- Performance Cycling Eyewear;
- Full VIP entry package for the Granfondo Rome bike race including an event cycling jersey (that need to be used during the race);
- Timing chip & race timing registration;
- 4 sets of Ftech performance cycling kit (bib short and jersey) & 1 extra black bib for race day;
- 4 pairs of Ftech socks;
- 1 Ftech wind/rain jacket;
- Set of spring arm warmers and leg warmers;
- 2 sets of gloves;
- 1 Scicon Race Rain Bag (customised with your name and flag);
- 1 Scicon phone protector/money pouch;
- Full nutritional support for the entire event;
- While our ‘Basic’ professional bike-setup at our ASG Bike Science facility is included – additional professional bike-setup services are available on a booking basis – this includes a setup in our ASG wind tunnel (please advise in advance if you would like to book this experience – extra charges apply) – ASG BikeScience is the official bike fitter for the UAE Emirates, Mitchelton Scott professional teams and many other cycling champions. www.asgbikescience.com
- Concierge ‘butler’ service for special requests – eg. booking and arranging daily massages, going to the supermarket for personal items you may have forgotten, etc.
- Full bike transport service for the entire tour;
- All daily meals and drinks with the group;
- Professional mechanical backup and support for the duration of the tour;
- A visit to the ASG International and SCICON facility in Bassano del Grappa;
- ‘On-the-Road’ support with following vehicles and/or motorbikes as required.
- Free professional videos and photos of the entire trip;
- Free shuttle service to and from Venice, Treviso, Rome Airport/Train stations; and Much more.
NON CYCLING PARTNERS:
Non-riding spouses/partners can book our spouse/partner package which includes daily transport, meals and accommodation at 2.500 Euro (excluding flights).
Several local excursions options included:
- 1-day Shopping and sightseeing trip to Verona
- 1-day Shopping and sightseeing trip to Venice
- All meals, drinks and accommodation with the group
THE ROUTES (SUBJECT TO CHANGE DEPENDING ON WEATHER)
7 OCTOBER – BASSANO DEL GRAPPA
8 OCTOBER – BASIC BIKE-SETUP AND GELATO (ICE CREAM) RIDE
The group will split into 2 today. The first group will experience the best Italian gelato in Bassano old town after an easy warm-up ride while the remainder of the group will complete their basic bike-setup at our ASG Bike Science facility. With your bike perfectly set-up by our resident professional bike fitter you will be all set for the week ahead. In the afternoon the groups will swop.
- Ride distance 50 Km
- Time: 2:30
- Elevation: 750m
9 OCTOBER – ASIAGO
Follow the peaceful roads from Bassano to the beautiful mountain-top town of Asiago in the morning with one or two coffee stops for those riders wanting to take it easy and followed with lunch at the famous ‘bigoleria’ in Asiago. After lunch a long and flowing descent into the old Town of Bassano del Grappa for more gelato.
- Ride distance 120 km
- Time: 5:00
- Elevation: 2.300m
- Note: this long ride will be split into 2 parts, in the middle the riders will have lunch in a famous “bigoleria” in Asiago, then a long descent to Bassano del Grappa will complete the day.
10 OCTOBER – VALDOBBIADENE
No bike tour to Veneto will be complete without cycling to our famous Prosecco hills for some wine tasting, we will take you to some of the most famous spots and ‘behind the scenes’ locations – the views are simply incredible!
- Ride distance: 70 km
- Time: 3:00
- Elevation: 1.080m
11 OCTOBER – CROCE D’AUNE
Experience cycling history. The ‘famous’ climb where Tullio Campagnolo (Campagnolo founder) had his ‘big’ idea that changed the cycling world…
- Ride distance: 110 km
- Time: 5:30
- Elevation: 3.300m
- Note: a stop at the famous Pedavena factory alehouse (brewery) at the foot of the Croce d’Aune climb is a must. Croce d’Aune is also the first part of the famous Dolomite mountains…
12 OCTOBER – TRANSFERS TO ROME ON THE FAMOUS FRECCIAROSSA TRAIN
- Experience the beautiful Italian landscapes on board the luxury Frecciarossa train while we make our way to Rome and our new hotel.
- Car transfers from the station to Hotel arranged
13 OCTOBER – REST DAY AND TRANSFER TO ROME
- Free ‘off’ day in Rome for sightseeing and shopping – race pack collection to be arranged for you.
14 OCTOBER – GRANFONDO ROME
A unique experience where Ancient Rome will be closed off to traffic and reserved for participants of the Granfondo Roma.
- Ride distance: 120 km
- Elevation: 2.000 m
- More info: www.granfondoroma.com
- Timed uphill segments:- Panoramica – Trofeo Corriere dello Sport (Albano lake) lenght 2,3 km, average gradient 5.9%, maximum gradient 8%.
- Murus(Pope’s fortress) 1,1 km long, average grade 10.3% maximum grade del 16%.
- Rocca Priora 6 km long, average grade 6.3%, maximum gradel 13%
- Rostrum(Montecompatri 720m long, average grade 12% and maximum (paveé) 18%.
Health and insurance:
In order to participate the GF riders must fill the online forms and send the sports medical certificate Race License:
If riders do not have a Race License (UCI recognized in their country), you can purchase a ‘Day License’ when producing your Medical Certificate
16 OCTOBER – CHECKOUT FROM HOTEL
Transfers to the airport if required.